Product ID: 2242
- New reduced odor formula
- Remove harmful iron deposits and protect your paint
- pH-balanced iron remover that decontaminates auto paint and wheels
- Iron X is excellent on automotive paint and safely cleans clear coats
Notice: Iron X should not be used on chrome, bare metal parts, brake calipers, wheel balancing weights, or SMART paint repairs
CarPro Iron X advanced pH-balanced (pH-7) formula safely breaks down ferrous metallic contamination caused by automotive brakes, rail travel, and construction from delicate vehicle surfaces. It can be used on paint, plastic, chrome, glass, and alloy wheels. Iron-X works by forming a water-soluble complex with the iron particles lodged in the surface, allowing them to be rinsed free, and cleaning deeper than washing or claying alone.
The IronX Paint and wheels Decontamination System was developed as a method of removing paint contamination beyond what can be removed by washing or claying alone. If you are familiar with detail clay, you know it is capable of removing above surface contaminants that have bonded to the paint. The IronX is designed to remove what lies below the paint surface as well as above.
Airborne chemical compounds and ferrous particles (particles containing iron) actually penetrate the paint and create corrosive compounds that eat deep into the paint's sub-layers or paint’s pin-holes. This is a gradual process that often is not evident until it's too late. Claying does not remove the entire particle which will continue to spread beneath the surface if not dissolved.
- Wash the car or wheels surfaces, make sure surface is in cool temp.
- Shake well, spray on the surface. Rub it in with damp sponge thoroughly.
- Wait 5 min. while contaminants change its color to purple/red. Wipe off with damp soft sponge. Don’t let the IronX dry completely on surface.
- Rinse well or power wash the whole surface. The vehicle is ready to clay now.