Product ID: 85916
Clay Luber Lubricant About
Luber Synthetic Lubricant & Detailer is a high-lubricity lubricant specially formulated to increase lubricity and reduce friction. Luber lubricates paint delivering a slick, non-stick surface that is perfect for using any clay bar or clay block. Luber easily lubricates the surface so that a clay bar or clay block is easily and gently glided across to easily remove rail dust, water spots, tar, bugs and paint over-spray from automotive paint and glass surfaces. Luber contains highly reflective shining agents that form an ultra-thin protective coat that allows the clay block or clay bar to work more effectively and evenly on recently waxed or sealed surfaces. Luber is synthetic which means it works exceptionally well on any surface including glass. Lubricity
Clay lubricant is essential to the performance and safety of clay. It provides the necessary slick surface for clay to glide on. Using low quality clay lubes or cheap detail sprays will deteriorate your bar and lead to poor clay bar performance. Also beware of soapy water as a clay lube, detergent or surfactant based soaps will cause the clay to deteriorate. Chemical Guys Luber is formulated specifically for streak free surface perfection in the sun or the shade and uniquely formulated to work with the chemical composite of clay bars. Contaminates
Many things can contaminate your vehicle's surface including brake dust, industrial fallout and rail dust. Industrial fallout is another word for pollution, it is a by-product of our surroundings. It comes from industrial businesses and factories as well as diesel vehicles and even airplane fallout. Rail dust is produced from the friction of train wheels against railroad tracks. Over 75% of all new vehicles are shipped by rail which means nearly all vehicles are contaminated as soon as they leave the factory. Luber Synthetic Lubricant & Detailer used with a clay bar well remove these contaminates from your vehicle's paint and keep it clean and smooth. When to clay bar?
You can clay bar your car as often as you wish or simply prior to waxing or polishing your vehicle. To acquire the best smooth as glass touch and feel result it is ideal to always clay bar your vehicle prior to application of wax, glaze, polish or paint sealant. Many people have never heard of clay baring because for a while clay bars were only available to professionals. Claying is less abrasive then polishing or buffing the surface. Claying actually pulls out foreign particles and contaminants that have embedded themselves in the paint. Polishes are intended more to be used as cleaners for paint, such as cleaning the paint, filling swirls and scratches, restoring and maximizing shine by smoothing over sharp edges. Summary:
- Increases lubricity and reduces friction
- Lubricates paint delivering a slick, non-stick surface
- Perfect for using any clay bar or ideal for clay bars Formulated using wetting agents and lubricants
Helps extend the life and effectiveness of your clay bar or clay block
- Wash surface well with Premium Carwash Shampoo or Wash-N-Wax shampoo prior to claying a surface.
- Shake well. Work in areas about the size of a car door or half the hood.
- Generously Spray a light mist over clean surface,
- The objective is to keep the paint surface and clay well lubricated with the liquid detailer so the bar picks up the embedded debris in your paint but yet can still glide smoothly across the surface without the risk of scratching the surface.
- Continue lightly rubbing the clay over the surface until it moves freely
- Occasionally wipe off any residue with a towel and proceed to the next areas.
- If clay is hard to move or appears to resist easy wipe off, re-mist the cleaned area, then spray lubricant liberally over surface.
- For deeper cleaning when clay barring, only use Clay lube and never shampoo and water. This will extend the life of your clay bar as well as offer superior surface lubricity providing a nice slick surface for the clay to slide across.