Product ID: 761
Cyclone Dirt Trap Bucket Insert
- The Cyclone Dirt Trap Bucket Insert eliminates wash swirls and scratches with Cyclone Dirt-Trap Technology
- Keeps dirt and debris trapped under the Dirt Trap Cyclones to reduce scratches, swirls, and paint damage during washing
- Nearly 300 geometrically positioned dirt trap cyclones deliver the perfect balance between cone size, dirt aperture diameter, strategic placement, funnel pitch and depth for maximum particle capture
- Dirt Trap Cyclones funnel and separate dirt away from wash water
- Fits in your traditional 12 inch bucket and reduces swirl marks and scratches to ensure a better washing experience
The Cyclone Dirt Trap bucket insert sits at the bottom of your bucket while you wash filtering water non-stop. The cyclone Dirt Trap help eliminates wash swirls and scratches with Cyclone Dirt-Trap Filtration Technology. The round wash screen separates abrasive dirt and silt from clean and soapy wash water with scores of cyclonic dirt funnels.
Separating dirt from clean and soapy water keeps abrasive debris off the wash mitt, and therefore off the paintwork for a scratch-less car wash. Traditional wash baffles use large vertical screens or disposable mesh filters in an attempt to separate dirt from water, which always ends up cloudy with loose contamination and abrasive filth. These designs are defeated by the mere act of dunking the mitt into the bucket, which pushes and pulls water and dirt straight through the vertical openings of the poorly-designed screens. The cyclone funnels of the Dirt Trap separate dirt through centripetal force and push it through tiny holes underneath the wash screen.
The dirt remains trapped underneath the funnels and cannot easily flow back up through the tips once the mitt is pulled out from the water. The one way Cyclone Filtration system is a passive filter that never needs replacing and does not rely on moving parts, no disposable filters, and requires no maintenance or energy to set up, use, or store.
Keeps wash mitts clean
Every Dirt Trap bucket insert is molded with Cyclone Scrub Ridge rings around every dirt cyclone funnel. Rub the wash mitt directly on the Dirt Trap to scrub and agitate any embedded dirt and grime from the wash fibers, then funnel and trap it directly underneath the insert. The Cyclone Scrub Ridges are designed with the perfect grip and height to work with any chenille, microfiber, or natural lambswool car wash mitt, natural car wash sea sponge, or boars hair wash brush. The ridges are gentle on natural and manmade fibers, and will not tear apart or destroy any car wash mitt, sponge, or brush.
Knock dirt, dust, grease, and grime off the car wash mitt with the scrubbing ridge, then funnel it directly down underneath the bucket insert to trap it away from the cleaner water in the bucket. Adding the Dirt Trap to the two bucket method reduces the chances of installing any swirls or scratches during a normal wash dramatically. Keep wash mitts, wash water, and any painted automotive finish cleaner and scratch-free with the Chemical Guys Dirt Trap car wash bucket insert.
- Helps keep your wash water clean while you wash
- Traps dirt at the bottom of bucket, filtering fresh water to the top
- Reduces swirls and scratches caused by improper washing
- Stackable protection: stack in line or rotated 90° to enhance dirt cyclone and filter action
- Perfect for 3 gallon, 4 gallon, 5 gallon, 6 gallon, and 7 gallon wash buckets
- Cleans mitts, brushes, towels and other washing utensils
- Cyclone Scrub Ridge around every funnel agitates dirt from wash mitt and directs it directly through funnel
- No moving parts; No disposable filters; No maintenance
- Fits snugly in any standard 12’’ diameter bucket
- Use the two bucket method to reduce swirls and scratches with every car wash
- Fill each bucket with 4 - 5 gallons of clean water
- Press the Dirt Trap firmly into the bucket until it sits flush and snugly at the bottom
- Add 1 - 3 ounces of your favorite Chemical Guys car wash soap in the wash bucket
- Rinse car well to remove large particles and loose debris
- Dunk car wash mitt into the soap solution bucket, then wash the vehicle top to bottom one panel at a time
- Dunk the dirty mitt in the rinse bucket and scrub directly onto the Cyclone Scrub Ridges to agitate dirt from the mitt
- Wring mitt out on the ground to flush out any loose dirt
- Dunk mitt back in soap bucket and continue to wash car
- Rinse off both sides of Dirt Trap and store in cool dry place between uses