Product ID: 4481
5" G15 Long Throw Polisher
- 15mm orbit, large pad surface area
- 1,100-watt 'big block' motor
- New design is a 22% increase in power
- Throttle trigger allows precise, incremental speed control
- Innovative fan-cooled backing plate extends pad life
- Precision CNC-machined steel counter-balance
- Premium bearing construction
- 6 speed settings
- Speed dial accessible for right- and left-hand users
- Constant speed control
- Powerful 1100-watt, 10-amp motor
- 15mm orbit throw
- Fitted with BOSS 5" Fanned Orbital Backing Plate
- 3000 - 5300 orbits per minute
- 10-foot quick-connect 16 AWG SJO rubber power cord
This ground-up redesign takes the best of THE BOSS long-throw orbitals and incorporates many of the technical innovations of the G9. The project continues the collaboration with our new manufacturing partner with all components being exclusively designed to our specifications.
For the G15, we've taken the shape of the G9 and extended the body housing by 20% to accommodate a 'big block' 1,100-watt motor. This represents a 22% increase in power versus the previous tool. In the G15, the motor delivers a speed range of 3,000 to 5,300 orbits per minute.
Among the more innovative features of this tool is its cooling strategy. Due to its long-throw articulation, the G15 could not integrate fan cooling in its counterbalance like the G9. So we engineered the G15 with its cooling fan integrated into the backing plate. This new backing plate technology was developed exclusively for these machines and is undeniably best in class.
Balancing the combined weight of a backing plate, buffing pad, and the liquid on the pad translates into less vibration and a smoother running machine. For instance, microfiber pads generally weigh nearly twice as much as a foam pad so fine tuning is beneficial. Our innovative Weight Optimization System consists of three uniquely engineered fasteners, each weight-matched to a Griot's Garage pad type to ensure you'll enjoy best in class performance from these machines.
Note: It should be noted that long-throw polishers are not ideally suited for application of waxes and sealants. Their large throw tends to cure the wax unevenly with the exception of our Griot's BOSS Finishing Sealant