Product ID: 1657
Opti-Lens Permanent Headlight Coating
- Permanent Headlight Coating?
- Protects Against UV-Induced Yellowing
- Resin Based Coating
- Protects Against Yellowing, Fading & Discoloration
Optimum Opti-Lens Coating is the most advanced polymer system that is specifically designed for the protection of headlight lenses. This hybrid resin is a combination of Opti-Coat 2.0 ceramic resin and an acrylic resin for maximum bonding and protection of acrylic and polycarbonate lenses. Additionally Optimum Opti-Lens Coating contains high levels of UV absorbers to minimize discoloration and fading of automotive headlight lenses.
Optimum Opti-Lens Coating is highly concentrated and one tube is enough to cover 5-6 sets of headlights. Once applied, Optimum Opti-Lens Coating will form a permanent bond to the surface and can only be removed by polishing or paint removers.
- Clean headlights with 15% IPA solution to remove any oils, waxes, or sealants.
- Remove all the oxidation by sanding and then polishing the headlights with Optimum Polish II or Optimum Hyper Polish.
- Wipe down the entire lens with a clean damp microfiber towel to remove any polishing residue.
- Prime the applicator pad by making an X pattern across the pad. Only a few drops will be needed per headlight lens.
- Wipe Optimum Opti-Lens Coating on the headlight lens in a circular or back and forth direction.
- Within 5 minutes, inspect the headlight with adequate lighting looking for any thick areas that have not flashed away to clear.
- Use the foam applicator or an Optimum Multi-Surface Microfiber Towel to wipe down and remove any excess.