Product ID: 3190
PosiTest DFT Coating Thickness Gauge
- Fast, repeatable measurements
- No calibration required for most applications
- Zero feature for rough or curved surfaces
- Flip Display for right-side-up viewing in any position. Video
- Built-in wrist strap
- Handy gauge RESET feature when no zero reference is available
- Strong, wear resistant, ruby-tipped probe
- Audible and visible measurement indication
- V-groove in probe for positioning on cylindrical parts
- Mils/Microns switchable
- Basic instructions on the back of each gage
- Each gauge Includes Certificate of Calibration traceable to NIST
- 2-Year Warranty on gage and probe.
The PosiTest DFT Coating Thickness Gage measures coatings on ALL metals. It is the economical choice that retains the uncompromising quality of DeFelsko inspection instruments. PosiTest DFT Combo measures both non-magnetic coatings on steel AND non-conductive coatings on aluminum, brass, etc.
Automatically recognizes the substrate and takes a measurement. This tool is an absolute must for serious details using machine polishers with heavy compounds or color sanding. Being able measure paint thickness before the job starts and during the process is invaluable. Preventing a single burn through on an expensive finish will pay for this gauge several times.